Emily J. Stone, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
Dr. Stone and her husband relocated from the Pacific Northwest and are excited to be settled in one place. Dr Stone took the self-described "backwards route" to medicine. She has a long-standing interest in women's health and contraception and worked in a women's clinic and in birth control research before deciding to go to medical school. Born and raised in Northern California, she is "east coast educated". She enjoys both obstetrics and gynecology and has a special interest in family planning and in working with young women. In her free time, Dr Stone prefers to be outside, especially hiking and camping. She also has many travel destinations on her list and looks forward to the Sunday New York Times. Dr. Stone and her family live in Richmond.
SPECIAL PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS
Obstetrics, gynecology, family planning and contraception, hysteroscopy
St. Francis Medical Center
St. Francis-Centerpointe Bldg.
Centerpointe Building (adjacent to St. Francis Medical Center)
1 Park West Circle, Suite 301
Midlothian, Virginia 23114
804-897-2100 or 800-421-3368
Colonial Heights / Prince GeorgeEDUCATION
Puddledock Medical Center
2025 Waterside Road, Suite 100
Prince George, Virginia 23875
804-520-0205 or 800-421-3368
College: Wellesley College
Degree: BA, History, Cum Laude
Medical School: George Washington University
Internship: Oregon Health Sciences University
Residency: Oregon Health Sciences UniversityBOARD CERTIFICATIONS
Board Certification by American Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyMEMBERSHIPS / SOCIETIES
Fellow, American Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyLICENSURE
American Women's Medical Association
American Medical Association
Medical Society of Virginia
Richmond Academy of Medicine
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT DR. STONE
- What are some of your favorite places in town?
Botanical Gardens and Richmond Zoo (great for little ones!). My favorite dive is Carytown Burgers and Fries.
- What do you do for fun?
Relax with my family
- What 1 thing do you never leave home without?
- How do your patients describe you?
Supportive, thorough, straightforward
- Why did you choose to practice medicine, and/or your field?
Originally I was fascinated by reproductive health and birth control. Then once I was in medical school, I was just really happy on labor and delivery. The rest is history!
- When you're craving a snack, what do you reach for?
- Which women's health issue(s) are you particularly passionate about?
Family planning and contraception
- Name something on your "bucket" list.
Elton John concert, exploring more far away countries (Chile, Croatia)
- What hobby/activity do you most enjoy?
Playing with our son, being outside, budding photographer
- If you could add 1 hour to your day, what would you do with it?
Not schedule anything
- What music is on your playlist right now?
Streaming KFOG (my hometown favorite radio station), new discovery ZZ Ward, always favorite Shawn Colvin
- What was your first job, and how old were you at the time?
Probably babysitting as a teen; first "grown up" job was teen pregnancy prevention research
- What's your favorite movie or TV show?
The Amazing Race, new discovery- White Collar
- Do you have a personal or professional motto?
Work hard, do your best and have fun
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- If you hadn't become a doctor, what profession would you have chosen?
Good question... likely something with women's health, contraception and advocacy
- What would you like to learn more about?
- What's your favorite thing to eat in a restaurant?
What we can't cook at home
- Share 3 words to describe yourself.
Enthusiastic, caring, determined