Areas of Interest and Expertise
Equity and equality of healthcare, Individualizing prenatal care, Abnormal uterine bleeding, Minimally invasive surgery, Basic infertility, Contraceptive management, Routine gynecologic testing
Locations and Hospitals
Dr. Abbasi sees patients at VPFW’s Prince George and St. Francis offices and delivers babies at St. Francis Hospital.
Meet Dr. Abbasi
Dr. Abbasi believes in helping women take charge of their bodies and their own health care. Her favorite part of her job is getting to know her patients and empowering them to voice their opinions and concerns so that she can meet them where they need her the most.
Dr. Abbasi absolutely loves meeting her patient’s babies on their birthdays! She believes in the value of shared decision-making and helps her patients through their pregnancies by practicing informed care.
She also loves working with women with complex gynecologic concerns. She wants to hear about anything that doesn’t feel right about her patient’s bodies. Whether it’s regulating pain or abnormal bleeding, she will work with them until they are happy and celebrating gains – however small or big.
Dr. Abbasi comes from a lot of different places and is excited to finally settle down in Richmond to hopefully start a family with her new husband. She was born in New York and her heritage is Pakistani, but she grew up in Saudi Arabia. Her childhood exposed her to people of many cultures, which helps her empathize with her patients no matter their needs. She ultimately moved back to the east coast and spent the last 15 years between Nashville where she met her husband in medical school and the Washington DC/Maryland area where they did their residencies together. They’re looking forward to exploring all the restaurants, breweries, and things to do in RVA.
Dr. Abbasi also enjoys doing Barre3, reading Harry Potter and anything from Reese’s Book Club picks, watching Marvel movies and Greys Anatomy/Friends/Gilmore Girls on repeat, and traveling to new cities and countries to find new adventures.
Special Professional Interests
- Equity and equality of health care
- Individualizing prenatal care
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Basic infertility
- Contraceptive management
- Routine gynecologic testing
- St. Francis Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Meharry Medical College
Nashville, Tennessee (2017)
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- The George Washington University Hospital
Washington, DC (completed 2021)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Membership & Societies
- District IV Junior Fellow Vice Chair, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
- Richmond Academy of Medicine
Honors & Distinctions
- George Washington University Hospital Resident of the Year (2021)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Tennessee Gamma Chapter
- Arnold P. Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Kane King Dodek Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Publication, “Connect the Dots: Lymphedema After Breast and Gynecologic Cancer: A Frequent, Chronic, Disabling Condition in Cancer Survivors,” The Green Journal: Obstetrics and Gynecology 2020
- Publication, “Connect the Dots: Factors Influencing Women’s Perception of Shared Decision Making During Labor and Delivery,” The Green Journal: Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2020
- Virginia (issued 2021)