D.O., M.P.H., F.A.C.O.O.G.
Areas of Interest and Expertise
Low-intervention birth, Contraceptive counseling, Minimally-invasive surgery
Locations and Hospitals
Dr. Ashby sees patients at VPFW’s Henrico Doctors’, St. Mary’s, and West Creek offices. She delivers babies at St. Mary’s Hospital and Henrico Doctors’ Hospital.
Meet Dr. Ashby
Dr. Ashby grew up in Charlottesville. She attended JMU for college (Go Dukes!) and VCU for her Master of Public Health degree. She went to medical school at VCOM in Blacksburg, then moved to Ohio for her OBGYN residency.
Highlights on her resume and journey to practice medicine include working as a volunteer EMT at JMU and as an OB tech before medical school. She also traveled to Central America on 3 different medical mission trips while in medical school. Dr. Ashby practices both obstetrics and gynecology. She loves working with women of all ages and strives to improve their lives, and health, with every visit.
When not at work, Dr. Ashby enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter, taking their dogs for a walk, or curling up on the couch with the cats and a good book.
“Dr. Ashby is great! It’s been the best experience! I felt like she really listened to me, and I was comfortable sharing my concerns with her. I’ve referred several friends to her and as a nurse myself, I’ve referred patients to her as well. She is a fantastic DO with whom I fully trust my healthcare!” – Health Grades Review, 2017
Special Professional Interests
- Low-intervention birth
- Contraceptive counseling
- Minimally-invasive surgery
- St. Mary’s Hospital
- Henrico Doctor’s Hospital
- James Madison University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
Blacksburg, Virginia (2011)
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- Grandview Medical Center
Dayton, Ohio (completed 2015)
- American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Membership & Societies
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Osteopathic Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Honors & Distinctions
- Publication, “Just Say No: Reporting Drug Use upon Admission to the Maternity Unit in a Community Hospital”, Medical Education Foundation of the American College of Osteopathic Obstetricians and Gynecologists (MEFACOG) Journal, 2016.
- Publication, “The Impact of Paternity and Marital Status on Low Birth Weight and Preterm Births”, Marriage and Family Review, 2010
- Chief OB/GYN Resident at Grandview Medical Center
- Virginia (issued 2014)