Having surgery is never fun, but at The Surgery Center at VPFW, our physicians and staff aim to make the experience as comforting, convenient and affordable as possible.
The Surgery Center At VPFW
Our in-house, state-of-the-art surgery suite combines compassionate, hospital-quality care with the convenience and affordability of an outpatient surgical center. Call 804-897-2100 with questions.
Welcome to the Surgery Center at VPFW
Located inside our new Koger Center office, the Surgery Center at VPFW allows our physicians and staff to provide the personalized experience our patients have come to expect at a fraction of the cost of a hospital. Our compassionate team of providers and nurses make patients feel at ease before, during, and after their procedures, with one-on-one care that begins upon admission and continues until discharge. We take great pride in the care and hospitality we provide.
Fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc., our facility is held to high standards. The operating room is complete with state-of-the-art instruments and equipment, and our staff includes registered nurses, a licensed practical nurse, and a surgical technician who work closely with our providers to provide hospital-quality care.
The average visit at the Surgery Center is just over 90 minutes, which is half of what you would expect at a hospital. Parking at our stand-alone office is ample, and the check-in process is quick and easy. The cost of care is significantly less than what you would encounter at a hospital, which can be especially relevant to those with high-deductible insurance plans.
Types of Procedures Offered in the Surgery Center
The surgical procedures listed below may be performed in our Surgery Center depending upon your insurance carrier. Your safety is our number one concern, therefore certain medical conditions may prevent admission to our surgery center. Each patient is carefully screened for eligibility by our nurses, physicians, and anesthesiologists.
- Hysteroscopy for diagnosing abnormal bleeding problems
- Laparoscopy for diagnosing pelvic pain, for tubal ligation, for biopsies for endometriosis, and for removal of cysts, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and adhesions
- Endometrial Ablation for the control or cessation of abnormally heavy periods
- Dilation and Curettage for diagnosis and/or treatment of abnormal bleeding or for miscarriage
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP) and Cold Knife Conization (CKC), procedures for removal and biopsy of abnormal tissue from the cervix
- Anterior and/or Posterior repair for tightening the tissue surrounding the bladder.
- Bladder sling insertion for symptoms of urinary incontinence
- Botox bladder therapy for symptoms of urinary urgency and frequency
Most of our cases are performed with sedation or general anesthesia. Some can be performed only using local anesthesia (numbing the area). You and your physician will decide which method is best for you.
Scheduling Your Surgery
Some surgeries are more urgent than others, and we will work to get patients in as quickly as possible. For less urgent procedures, patients often choose to wait until it’s most convenient for their schedules. Summertime is very popular, as is the end of the year when patients have met their deductibles and insurance coverage kicks in. We recommend calling at least two months in advance to schedule less urgent surgeries during the busy summer months or November/December timeframe.